الاثنين، 21 مارس 2011

Nuclear again

I was looking forward today for an expected interesting debate. Not only because it is on nuclear, but the fact that there will be a debate on such a very important subject interests me. We lack these national debates that bring out more information to the public and formulate a public opinion. 

For me, tonight I was not expecting winners or losers. I was expecting more clear information to be presented to people on the nuclear programme, what the challenges are, why some are against it, what would be Jordan's alternative approach in the energy sector be... etc. And yes, this will start to formulate public opinion based on better information. In addition to getting feedback from the public. If people are aware of the challenges, the different opinions will be based on information not gossips/without any scientific basses.

Well today isn't the end of that debate, it is the beginning and I truly hope that the different points of view will be presented soon, so we are updated on where the programme is going.
The Environmental Impact Analysis process for the nuclear programme should ensure public participation. I hope the time of the study will be announced as I hope for the overall programme and time frame to be published.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق